Invitation to the National Board and Supervisory/Audit Committee workshop/forum on 6th to 9th July, 2022 at Voi wildlife lodge in Tsavo National Park
Receive warm Co-operative greetings from the Co-operative Alliance of Kenya (CAK). Co-operatives in Kenya have been undergoing through transformation in the last twenty years. This includes the adoption of technology-enabled operations, changes in laws and regulations, changes in financial reporting, and changes in cooperative governance. Supervisory committees play a key role in a Co-operative Society of oversight as captured in the Co-operative Societies Act and there is a need to redefine the role of Supervisory Committees in the advent of these changes.
Therefore, CAK has organized a four-day workshop/forum for Supervisory Committee members to meet and share knowledge and experiences. This will be a turning point for the role of the Board & Supervisory Committees in acquiring new skills that enable them to discharge their duties effectively.
The following are the areas that shall be discussed during the forum;
1. The emerging role of the Board & Supervisory Committee in Cooperative governance
2. Auditing /supervising operations of a Co-operative with computerized/automated operations
3. Harnessing a good relationship between the Board of Directors (Management committee) and the Supervisory Committee
4. Role of the Supervisory committee in the Implementation of the National Co-operative Policy among others.
5. Emerging issues from the unclaimed Assets Act of 2016, its impact on members’ shareholding and savings.
6. Realigning the Cooperative Sector reporting in line with the requirements of the Act to minimize its effect on the societies’ finances.
Tsavo National park is the largest protected area in Kenya and is home to most of the larger mammals, vast herds of dust–red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser Kudu, gerenuk and the prolific bird life features 500 recorded species. The East part of the park is the 300-Kilometre-long Yatta Plateau, the longest lava flow in the world.
The forum targets the following:
1. Supervisory committee members
2. Board members
3. Audit committee
4. Senior Management Staff
CAK has organised transport on Wednesday6th July, 2022 (pick up at Yala Towers) at 7.00am and back on Saturday 9th July, 2022. Those who will wish to use their own transport should let us know in advance (any extra charges incurred on private transport during the stay should be incurred by the participant).
N/B Due to limited space available and logistics requirements, you are request to do early confirmations by sending us the names of the participant ID number and contacts by 15th June, 2022.
The charges for this investment will be Kshs.129,500.00/= per participant.
The cost will cater for:
• Transport on an open roof tour cruiser for 4 days
• 3nights accommodation
• Meals on full board for 4 days with a soft drink per meal
• Comprehensive game drive for 4 days
• Conference materials
• Services of a professional tour guide driver
• Pick up and drop off within some Nairobi areas
• Park entry fees for 3 nights
All payments to be made to Co-operative Alliance of Kenya Ltd account No.01120161356900 Coop bank, Karen branch, strictly on or before 20th June, 2022. Confirmation is by payment, hotel allocation will be done on first come serve basis.